Because a home is more than
just a place to rest your head
Whether you're buying your first home, expanding your business or completing the construction on your dream home,
FNB Home Loans offers different options to suit your needs.
Standard residential home loans
Purchase existing or off-plan residential properties and get up to 90% of the sale price or market value as a home loan.
Home completion loans
If your house is 50% constructed, you can get funds to complete your dream home.
Home equity loans
If you own residential properties you can release your investments in those properties to improve liquidity position.
Home loan switch
Existing homeowners and companies with properties financed by another bank can switch to FNB.
Interest + repayments
- You can pay back the loan over a maximum of 20 years
Types of interest rates
Variable interest rate
The interest rate fluctuates as and when the prime lending rate changes.
Fixed interest rate
You can apply for a five-year fixed interest rate, which enables you to pay the same bond repayment amount every month for a period of five years.
After the expiry of the five-year period, the interest rate may revert to a variable interest rate or, upon request to the bank, the fixed interest rate period can be extended.
Ways to Bank
Helpful banking solutions
Standard with your account
Getting it made easy
- Any employed or self-employed Tanzanian citizen
- Aged 21 - 60 years
- Copy of your valid identity document (ID)*
- Latest 3 months bank statement*
- Latest 6 months bank statement (if not banking with FNB)
- Introduction letter from employer if employed
- Marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Details of the property you are buying (duly signed Offer to Purchase)
*For you and your co-applicant (where applicable)
First National Bank Tanzania Limited - a subsidiary of FirstRand Bank Limited. A Registered Commercial Bank (CBA00050).