Bank your change
& grow your savings
Savings Pocket is a free savings account linked to your transactional or cheque account. Keep your savings separate from your transactions and transfer funds to and from your Savings Pocket for FREE.
What this is
Savings Pocket includes Bank Your Change™, an innovative feature from FNB that allows you to bank your change each time you make a purchase.
You can set an amount from TZS100 to TZS900 which will be transferred to your Savings Pocket each time you swipe your card.
Activate your Bank Your Change™ for free and see how small savings grow over time.
Save even more
Set up a scheduled transfer into your Savings Pocket or simply transfer funds from your transactional account using Cellphone Banking, Online Banking the FNB Banking App or visit your nearest branch.
Access to your Savings Pocket is free.
Note: Only one linked Savings Pocket can be activated per account.
How Bank Your Change™ works
Pay for your purchases with your debit card
This amount gets rounded off to the nearest TZS
The difference is saved into your linked Savings Pocket
Plus, you can earn great interest on your savings balance
Applying made easy
- Be over the age of 18
- You must be a Tanzanian citizen or permanent resident
- FNB has specific duties to prevent money laundering. One of these duties is to perform a 'know your customer' (KYC) check on all our customers.
- New FNB clients will need to undergo a check at any of our FNB branches.
- A Tanzanian identity document (if you are a foreign national, a valid passport or a copy of the relevant permit is required)
- Proof of residence (provide a recent, less than 3 months old, utility account)
- Income tax number(s): If issued
First National Bank - a division of FirstRand Bank Limited. An Authorised Financial Services and Credit Provider 1929/001225/06 (NCRCP20).